Piloted in 2018, the Airowear BE80(T) Championships will host qualifying opportunities for eligible combinations at each BE80(T) section between 1 March and 31 July 2019 with the Championship weekend taking place at Kelsall Hill (2) Horse Trials in September 2019.
The Airowear BE80(T) Championships will run in accordance with the heights for BE80(T) classes at any one day event but will include a dressage test designed specifically for the Championships in a 20m x 60m arena.
BE Accredited Coaches will be on hand throughout the weekend to provide support to all Championship riders through cross country and show jumping course walks and help in the show jumping warm-up, along with guidance and advice for any questions that riders may have.
The Championships will take place 27-29 September 2019.
For 2019 the Airowear BE80(T) Championships will be hosted at Kelsall Hill (2) Horse Trials in Cheshire.
- Riders must not have completed an Intermediate or higher level competition during the current or preceding 10 calendar seasons and must never have competed in a 5* competition.
- Combinations must not have gained Foundation Points at BE100/BE100 Open/BE100 Plus/BE105/BE100u18.
- Combinations must not have won more than 20 Foundation Points.
- Downgraded horses, if otherwise eligible, may take part.
At the BE80(T) Championships:
As the above and:
- Both horse and rider must still be eligible to compete in BE80(T) classes on the date of the Championship Final.
- No substitutions will be permitted for the Championship Final. The same rider who qualified the horse must ride at the Championship Final.
British Eventing is pleased to announce that from 2020, Burghley House in Stamford, Lincolnshire, will host the British Eventing 80 Championship for at least three years, 2020 to 2022.
2020 will see twelve Regional Finals staged across the country, each providing those that are eligible with the exclusive opportunity to compete at Burghley over a brand-new course being developed especially for the Championship. Along with this, all competitors will have access to the support of BE Accredited Coach in the form of cross country and show jumping course walks, help in the show jumping warm up and guidance and advice answering any questions riders may have.
More details on the qualification process will be announced soon!