Taking place every two years at rotating venues around Europe, this Championship gives Europe's best CCI3*-S level riders the chance to compete in a unique eventing format in an International Championship.
Potential squad members compete under the watchful eye of the CCI3*-S selectors, who use both National and International competitions to view prospective team members.
The Championship, formerly known as the Rural Riders European Championships and then the CIC2* European Championships, is run under a unique format which differs from other eventing Championships by having six members in the team that perform a team dressage test, commanded by the Chef d'Equipes. There is also an opportunity for the selection of two individual combinations to join the squad, making a total of eight places on the British squad.
The growing popularity of this competition means that it is now recognised by the British selectors as an important British team opportunity and experience for riders to develop their podium potential. The selectors work very closely with the other Team GBR selectors as part of an overall performance strategy.
The 2019 Championship will take place at Ammerländer Reitclub, Westerstede, Germany on 1 to 4 August 2019.
The event is run at CCI3*-S level.
Phase 1 – Team dressage: perform a prescribed test in 20x60m arena together under the command of the Chef d'Equipes
Phase 2 – Individual dressage test
Phase 3 – Cross country
Phase 4 – Show jumping
There are generally two types of rider who can enjoy the journey through career progression when representing Great Britain in the CCI3*-S European Championships.
- Those who are no longer eligible for BE National or International youth teams (which are for riders 12 to 21 years old).
- Riders who began eventing at a later age or those who, during their young rider years lacked the necessary horse power or opportunity to compete at CCI3*-S level.
There are some eligibility requirements that need to be considered. They are:
- Riders and horses, either separately or together, must not have completed a CCI4*-L or CCIO4*-S in the last two years prior to the 2019 Championships, unless as a Junior or Young Rider.
- Riders and horses, either separately or together, must not have completed a CCI5*-L, a European or World Championship or Olympic Games at any time.
- Riders must be British passport holders.
Applicants will be required to commit to selection/training days prior to the squad selection as part of the selection process, as well as produce a competition plan in the run-up to the Championships. The selection and representation on the squad does carry a financial commitment in both training and competing at the Championships.
Any rider who thinks that they may be qualified for squad selection can register an interest here or discuss their situation with Chairman of Selectors, Andrew Chadwick (email@example.com or 07721 096311).
- File468.09 KB